Firefox’s location bar, otherwise called the Awesome Bar, enables you to enter the URL of your ideal goal page. It works as a pursuit bar also, visit on the office 2016 install Your past perusing history, bookmarks, and other individual things are likewise accessible through the Awesome Bar.
Another ground-breaking highlight of the location bar lies in the capacity to explore the program’s inclinations interface just as many in the background settings by entering predefined sentence structure. These custom directions, a few of which are recorded underneath and are typically gone before by ‘about:’, can be used to assume total responsibility for your Firefox program.
To get to Firefox’s General inclinations, enter the accompanying content in the location bar: about:preferences#general. The accompanying settings and highlights are found inside this segment.
- Assign Firefox as your default program.
- Characterize Firefox’s startup conduct each time it is propelled.
- Change your landing page.
- Alter the area where downloaded records are spared.
- Arrange Firefox’s selected perusing settings.
Firefox’s Search inclinations are open by composing the accompanying content into the location bar: about:preferences#search. The accompanying pursuit related settings are accessible on this page.
- Set Firefox’s default internet searcher to one of a few pre-introduced choices.
- Empower/cripple look recommendations from inside the Awesome Bar.
- Adjust singular internet searcher settings for Firefox’s One-Click Search highlight.
- Put in new web indexes or erase existing choices.
- Enter the accompanying content into the location bar to stack the Content inclinations interface: about:preferences#content.
- Educate Firefox whether to play DRM-controlled sound and video content inside the program.
- Control how the program handles Push Notifications.
- Deal with Firefox’s coordinated spring up blocker.
- Adjust the program’s default textual style and size just as foundation, content, and connection shading assignments.
- Browse many favored dialects to show Web page verbiage.
By entering the accompanying linguistic structure in the Awesome Bar, Firefox enables you to indicate what moves ought to be made each time a specific document type is opened: about:preferences#applications. A model would relate the Preview in Firefox activity with all PDF records.
To stack Firefox’s Privacy inclinations in the dynamic tab, enter the accompanying content in the location bar: about:preferences#privacy. The choices recorded underneath are found on this screen.
- Deal with Firefox’s Do Not Track settings.
- Oversee and erase perusing history and other private information.
- which information parts (bookmarks, history, open tabs) are used for creating area bar recommendations.
- The Security inclinations underneath are open by means of the accompanying location bar order: about:preferences#security.
- Empower/impair alerts at whatever point a site endeavors to introduce an extra.
- As a matter of course, Firefox will square substance it regards perilous or potentially tricky; these limitations can be impaired on this page.
- Oversee put away login data, including usernames and passwords.
- Empower and arrange a Master Password.
Firefox gives the capacity to synchronize your perusing history, bookmarks, spared passwords, introduced additional items, open tabs, and individual inclinations over various gadgets and stages. To get to the program’s adjust related settings, type the accompanying into the location bar: about:preferences#sync.
To get to Firefox’s Advanced inclinations, enter the accompanying in the program’s location bar: about:preferences#advanced. There are numerous configurable settings found here, including those appeared as follows.
- Switch availability includes on and off, including an on-screen contact console.
- Empower/handicap autoscrolling, smooth looking over, and equipment speeding up.
- Control the dimension of information that is recorded and imparted to Mozilla, including Firefox’s Crash Reporter and Health Report.
- Deal with Firefox’s system settings, including intermediary server design.
- Change the measure of room held for program reserve.
- Direct which sites have authorization to store disconnected Web content on your PC for sometime later.
- Design how and when program or web index refreshes are downloaded and introduced.
- Access Firefox’s Certificate and Device Manager interfaces.
Other About: Commands
- about: Displays forming and authorizing subtleties for your particular Firefox fabricate.
- about:addons: Launches Firefox’s Add-On Manager, where you can control all introduced augmentations, topics, and modules.
- about:buildconfig: Shows assemble source, stage subtleties, design alternatives, and other data about your Firefox application.
- about:cache: Provides inside and out insights regarding memory designation, plate and application store including the quantity of passages, area, and utilization information.
- about:crashes: Lists all accident reports that have been submitted to Mozilla.
- about:credits: Shows a protracted rundown of individuals who have added to Mozilla, in sequential order request.
- about:downloads: Displays a record of documents downloaded through the program; including filename, estimate, root webpage, and date/timestamp.
- about:home: Loads the Firefox Start Page in the dynamic tab.
- about:healthreport: Opens the Firefox Health Report, a nitty gritty interface that indicates low-level execution data about your particular form of Firefox.
- about:license: Presents the Mozilla Public License (MPL) just as many other open source licenses appropriate to the program.
- about:logo: Displays the current Firefox logo, focused upon a strong dark foundation.
- about:memory: Lets you measure the program’s memory utilization and spare either succinct or verbose reports for examination purposes.
- about:mozilla: Launches a shrouded Easter egg that demonstrates a statement taken from the invented ‘Book of Mozilla.’
- about:networking: Details organize associations made inside the program, separated into a few classes (HTTP, Sockets, DNS, WebSockets).
- about:newtab: Opens Firefox’s New Tab page, containing thumbnail pictures of your top destinations.
- about:plugins: Lists all modules introduced in Firefox including forming data, document way, current state, and depiction.
- about:rights: Explains your individual rights as a Firefox client.
- about:robots: Another Easter Egg, appearing fun and startling realities about robots.
- about:sessionrestore: Allows you to reestablish the past perusing session, reviving tabs and windows that may have been accidentally closed down.
- about:support: Provides an abundance of specialized data about your Firefox establishment, its going with additional items and significantly more.
- about:telemetry: Opens a page that shows equipment, execution, use, and customization information gathered by Telemetry and submitted to Mozilla (whenever empowered).
The About:config Interface
The about:config interface is exceptionally ground-breaking, and a few adjustments made inside it could effectsly affect both your program and framework’s conduct. Continue with alert. To start with, open Firefox and type the accompanying content in the program’s location bar: about:config.
Next, select the Enter key. You should now observe a notice message, expressing this may void your guarantee. Assuming this is the case, select the catch marked I acknowledge the hazard.
The following is only a little inspecting of the several inclinations found inside Firefox’s about:config GUI.
- app.update.auto: Firefox’s default conduct is to consequently download and introduce updates to the program at whatever point they are accessible. These updates serve to improve Firefox’s usefulness as well as to fix vulnerabilities. From a security point of view alone, it is suggested that you leave the auto-update include empowered. Be that as it may, it tends to be impaired by changing the estimation of this inclination to false.
- browser.anchor.color: Defines the hex shading estimation of Web page interfaces that still can’t seem to be tapped on. The default shading, blue, is spoken to by #0000EE. This inclination, in the same way as other others, can be superseded by the site itself.
- browser.cache.disk.enable: Enabled naturally, this inclination directs whether Firefox stores reserved pictures, content and other Web page content on your hard drive to accelerate page load times on resulting visits. Double tap on this inclination to flip store on and off.
- browser.formfill.enable: The Autofill highlight in Firefox can come in exceptionally convenient when you’re approached to enter a similar data again and again into Web shapes, for example, your name and address. The program stores a portion of this information for the reason for prepopulating it whenever it is mentioned. By setting this inclination to false, Firefox will never again spare these possibly touchy things.
- browser.privatebrowsing.autostart: Firefox gives the capacity to enter Private Browsing Mode to guarantee that history, reserve, treats, and other private information segments are not put away on your neighborhood hard drive toward the finish of a perusing session. In the event that you’d like the program to naturally enter private mode each time the application is propelled, set the estimation of this inclination to genuine.
- browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser: Each time Firefox is propelled, you may see that you are asked whether you might want to assign it as the default program (obviously, except if, it is as of now set as the default). On the off chance that you’d like to incapacitate these notices from showing up, alter the estimation of this inclination to false.
- browser.tabs.warnOnClose: If you have numerous tabs open and endeavor to close Firefox, a spring up exchange will show up requesting that you affirm that you’d like to close all open tabs. This security net can prove to be useful, however can likewise be an inconvenience. To shroud this notice and permit Firefox to close all tabs naturally, change this current inclination’s an incentive to false.
- extensions.update.interval: As referenced above, Firefox keeps an eye all the time to check whether a refreshed form is accessible. A similar rationale applies for program augmentations, accepting that you have not incapacitated this usefulness before. This specific inclination directs the measure of time permitted to go between checking for expansion refreshes, estimated in milliseconds.